WAVE ENTERPRISES, LLC
Revision Date: JULY 3, 2018
- Personal Information
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Sites.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Sites.
- Through mobile or desktop applications you use to access the Sites.
- Information Collection & Use
In general, you can browse the Sites and “opt out” from providing us with any Personal Information; however, once you agree to provide us with Personal Information, you are no longer anonymous to us. If you choose to use and/or purchase certain services on the Sites we may require you to provide contact and identifying information, billing information, and other Personal Information as indicated throughout the Sites. Where possible, we indicate which fields are required and which are optional. You always have the option to not provide information by choosing not to use the Sites.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Sites, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as your user name or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline;
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as the identity of third-party applications you use to access the Site, and your username and profile, if provided by that third-party application; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Sites and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Sites. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
Under some circumstances we may require additional financial information. If you select a monthly recurring subscription, you authorize the Company to maintain your credit card and billing information and to charge you monthly as indicated on the Sites during the subscription process. You understand and agree that the Company will not send you monthly invoices or bills. We use your financial information, including credit card information, to verify the accuracy of your name, address, and other information, as well as to bill you for your use of our services and products. You may always cancel your subscription by contacting us. Upon cancelation of your subscriptions, we will cease to authorize further monthly recurring charges.
We may track certain information based upon your behavior on the Sites. We use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand our customers. This information may include, but may not be limited to, the URL that you just came from, which URL you go to next, your computer browser information, which third-party application you use to access this Sites, and your IP address.
If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the Sites, we may collect and retain such information in a file specific to you.
The information we collect on or through our Sites may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Sites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Sites, subscribing to our services, posting materials, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Sites.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Sites and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Sites.
- Your search queries on the Sites.
- Use of Your Personal Information
You agree that we may use your Personal Information, including your obtained through any third-party application you use to access the Sites, to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze Sites usage, to customize the Sites’ content, layout, and services, and to generally improve the Sites. These uses improve our Sites and better tailor it to meet your needs, so as to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe, and customized experience while using the Sites.
- Communications from Company
We may occasionally send you information on products, services, special deals, and promotions. Out of respect for your privacy, we provide you a way to unsubscribe from each of these communications. If you no longer wish to receive our promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each such communication or by contacting us.
We will send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if access to our products is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, please do not submit your Personal Information through our Sites.
- Information Sharing and Disclosure
As a matter of policy, we do not sell, rent, or share any of your Personal Information, including your email address, to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. However, the following describes some of the ways that your Personal Information may be disclosed in the normal scope of business to provide our services and products to customers:
- Purpose: We may disclose your Personal Information to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- Buyers or Successors: To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our site users is among the assets transferred.
- Legal Requests: Company cooperates with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties to enforce laws, such as: intellectual property rights, fraud and other rights, to help protect you, other users, and Company from bad actors. Therefore, in response to a verified request by law enforcement or other government officials relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, we can (and you authorize us to) disclose your name, city, state, telephone number, email address, username history, and fraud complaints without a subpoena. Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy, we will not otherwise disclose your Personal Information to law enforcement or other government officials without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss, or report suspected illegal activity.
- Other Disclosures: We may also disclose your Personal Information if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- Cookies and Related Technologies
When you use the Sites, we collect certain information by automated electronic means, which may include:
- Flash Cookies – Certain features of our Sites may use locally stored objects called Flash Cookies to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Sites. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for Browser Cookies.
- Web Beacons – Our emails and certain pages of our Sites may contain small electronic files known as Web Beacons that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). Web Beacons are sometimes also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs.
- Session Cookies are temporary cookies used for various reasons, such as managing page views, and are usually erased by your browser when you exit it.
- Persistent Cookies are used for a number of reasons, such as storing your preferences and retrieving certain information you have previously provided. Persistent Cookies are stored on your devices after you exit your browser.
The information from Cookies is also stored in web server logs, which are then transmitted back to the Sites by your computers or mobile devices. These servers and Cookies are operated and managed by us and/or our service providers. As you use the Sites, your browsers communicate with servers operated by the Company and/or our service providers to coordinate and record the interactivity and fill your requests for services and information.
Cookies are also used to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Sites, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Sites; and
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect is statistical and may include Personal Information, such as your IP address, and we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. Cookies help us improve our Sites and help Us deliver better Sites, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Sites according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Sites.
Users in the United States may opt out of many third-party ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and your choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and your choices regarding having information used by NAI members. The NAI’s main webpage is located at www.networkadvertising.org.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Sites or on other websites or applications. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI’s website.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
- Manage Your Security Settings
You may manage how your browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available. You can opt-out of being targeted by certain third-party advertising companies online at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
You may manage how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
If you wish to opt out of receiving offers directly from Company service providers, you can follow the opt-out instructions in the emails or other information that they send you or provide to you.
- Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by us to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by contacting us and stating your request. If you use a third-party application to access our Sites, you may opt-out using the opt-out method(s) provided to you by that third-party application. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to us as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by contacting us. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the NAI on the its website at www.networkadvertising.org.
- Rights to Access and Control Your Personal Information
- Delete Data: You may request that we delete your Personal Information. Please note that we cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account.
- Change or Correct Data: You can also ask us to change, update, or fix your data in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data: You may request that we do not use your Personal Information, but keep in mind that this will terminate our ability to provide any service(s) to you.
- Right to Access and/or Take Your Data: You can ask us for a copy of your Personal Information.
You may contact us to request access to, obtain copies of, correct, or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us.
- Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect Personal Information, including your email address, submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Sites.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
- Changes in this Privacy Statement
- Children’s Privacy
Our Sites are intended for and directed towards adults who are of the legal age to access our Sites in their respective jurisdictions and who reside in the United States. By using our Sites, you represent and warrant that you are of the legal age to form a binding contract with us in your respective jurisdiction and that you meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Sites. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from an individual who was ineligible to use our Sites, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a user who is ineligible to use our Sites, please contact us.
© 2018 Wave Enterprises LLC